Current Volunteer Opportunities
The Kellogg Alumni Club of Boston is a 100% volunteer-driven effort. Without volunteers, we have no events, no news, and no Club to speak of. If you can't volunteer time, please think about any other resources you might have at your fingertips which could be helpful to a nascent alumni organization.
If in doubt, funnel communications through Lou Madge.Some Additional Ways to Pitch In
- Organize an Event. One of the primary historical purposes of an alumni club is to provide opportunities for socializing and networking. If you have your own idea for a perfect event, great! Let us know. If you're interested in helping out, but need some ideas, check out the brainstorming list generated by Kellogg alums both in Boston and from other clubs.
- Volunteer some Space. The next best thing to organizing an event is helping to locate a place to hold the event (especially a cost-effective space)! If you have any connections to meeting or entertainment facilities (restaurants, meeting rooms, Water Buffalo Lodge, etc.), let us know. If you don't have an event in mind, maybe we could match up your location with someone else's event.
- Provide Leads on Speakers/Be a Speaker. Similarly, if you're best-buddies with Bill Gates, or Jim Koch, or even Barry and Elliot; or if you think you'd make an interesting speaker, let us know. Maybe you could talk at length about 'How (Not) to Do a Road Show' or 'Making the Leap: How I Left My Cushy Consulting Job for LeapOfFaith.Com.' If you don't think you can fill an evening, we can also work on organizing a panel of speakers, round-table fashion.
- Donate Goods and/or Services. Printing, postage, paper cups, beer and wine, yada, yada, yada. All are welcome contributions!
- Behind the Scenes Skills. Do you have great computer skills? Marketing expertise (what Kellogg Grad doesn't)? Graphic design skills? Etc. Let us know.
- Volunteer Resources. Do you have access to a list-serv? A local web server? Clerical staff with free time on their hands? These are all welcome as well.
- Suggestions and Ideas are always welcome.